Monday, May 2, 2011

i'm in!

well, they waited till the very last possible minute to mail it, but my letter finally came from the nursing department at school and i'm in! i'm officially a part of the nursing class of 2013 at aquinas! woot! i've got a list as long as my arm of things i have to do now, but it's all so exciting i don't even care! i've got to get two background checks, all sorts of shots/titers/tb test, get cpr certified, buy a stethoscope, a math book and some other goodies... oh, but i'm in, i'm in, i'm in! this is amazing! i know the next two years are gonna be nuts - hectic and hard. but this means so much to our little family - financially and emotionally and it means SO much to me personally. i'm doing this just as much for them as for myself. what a sense of accomplishment when it two years i'll be able to tack on an RN to my name... i'll have a title! say what?!?!

3 comments:

casey said...

WAY TO GO!!! YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF! So happy for you, Michael and Rosie.

leyla'smommy said...

Oh Amanda! Such amazing news! I am so happy for you. I know that you are going to be amazing nurse!!

Shannon said...

Woo hoo!! congrats :o)