Tuesday, July 26, 2011

just one of those weeks...


i opened up the drawer in our kitchen tonight and look at what happened!?! yep - it's just been one of those weeks. and... it's only tuesday. well, it won't do anyone any good to dwell on it i guess - though i'd love to rant about the fact that it's really stinking hard being a mommy some days, especially with an obnoxious dog, puking cat, teething baby, husband out of town and finals to study for... but no one wants to hear that either... one thing i do need to get off my chest - ooorrrr maybe get off my flabby ass - this baby weight! i heard tonight that if you've not lost the weight by the time babes is 9 months old, you're not likely to lose it. please someone tell me this isn't true. if i could go back in time and un-eat all those waffle fries and cartons of cake batter ice cream that i stuffed in my face when nuggie was just a bun in the oven - trust me, i would. i'm getting so frustrated! i'm running now - you know, not miles and miles, but 3 times a week and then trying to do yoga one day and weights one day. it's not the most amazing workout plan on earth - but it's something. and i'm trying so hard to eat well. again, i don't always do super awesome - but i've really cut back on sweets and fatty foods. and NOTHING. not one single pound lost. i'm still sitting at about 17 pounds over my pre-preggo weight. i'm so sick of not fitting in to anything. i've got a closet full of size 6 pants and medium tops and i'm still living in a chunky monkey world. maybe i should just give up and get some bigger clothes? but i don't want to do that! i'm at my wits end. ideas anyone? i need QUICK, healthy, snack and meals ideas. i think maybe this is where i'm going wrong? i am eating better, but not great i guess. and maybe little tricks for sneaking in exercise or something? i'm feeling very sorry for myself tonight. it's taking everything in me to not run towards the sugar cereal and stuff it all in my mouth right now. HELP!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Try the weight watchers plan. If you want, I can give you some insight so you don't have to actually go to meetings. Basically, you can eat whatever you want. The catch is, everything has a point value. You have to eat all of your points each day and can't go over. I did WW after having Taylor and fit back into my jeans just 10 days after having her. It is really easy. You don't feel like you are on a diet at all! Good luck :o) I had a hard time after having Jaden. I've heard that if you haven't lost it in a year, it will be harder to do so... You still have time ;o)

Danni Hughes said...

Hey sweetie, I feel your pain. Maybe carbs don't like your body either. I can eat protein and veggies and fruit until I'm stuff and will lose weight slowly (mostly because I can't exercise), but put in even a piece of whole grain brain and the scale goes the other way. I've basically give up sugar too. I know it's hard to believe but I haven't bought a carton of ice cream since March. You'll go through carb cravings the first couple of days but then things will stabilize.

BTW, I*'ve missed you both so much. Haven't been up to snuff the past few weeks and the heat doesn't help. Take care and call me when school is out.

leyla'smommy said...

Hmmmm....if truly is a special woman who can fit into any pre pregnancy clothes quickly after pregnancy. Give yourself a year. And u know what? We do our best with the time, resources and body/ metabolism we have. I hate that we have to be defined by our weight! Oh to live in a country I'd world for that matter where physical appearance did't define us!

leyla'smommy said...

Lots of typos on last comment! Stupid spell correct on smart phone!

Francis Dumaliang said...

Amanda, you're too hard on yourself. You are not fat. As long as you are trying your very hardest, that's all anybody, including yourself, can ask of anyone. You're a full-time mother, wife and student. You deserve to cut yourself some slack.:)