Thursday, July 12, 2012

#2 I Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghost

Day 2 is here - what, what!

Describe 3 fears, and how they became fears

Fear #1 - Spiders. This is pretty typical. But my fear goes a little bonkers. I literally (well ok, not LITERALLY) but I feel like peeing my pants. Isn't it the worst when you walk through a web? I always get the feeling that a spider has hidden away in my hair and I must dance around and flip out till I'm sure the creepy-crawler is no longer hiding on my person. UGH. Things didn't get an easier when we realized our cute little house was absolutely infested with poison, deadly brown recluses... I really wondered how I could burn the house down??? But, we found a great exterminator and got smart about living with the awful bugs. Seriously, spiders are the worst.


Fear #2 - Earthquakes. I know we live in TN and before that I lived in IN - not exactly your earth shaking epicenters. However, any time a truck would rumble by or the ground would vibrate a little for whatever reason I would/will lose my mind. It all started when we lived in CA for while when I was younger and we experienced a few really big earthquakes. To this day the very thought of an earthquake scares the frap out of me. If the house gets really quiet and still, especially at night, I'm sure "the big one" is about to tear our house down. Why do I get so worked up??? This is a dumb fear.


Fear #3 - Driving near semi-trucks. I always feel like they don't see me and are just surely going to smash me to bits. I especially hate driving near them on the highway and if I find myself sandwiched between two in the lanes around me I get all anxious and nervous and just want to zoom away from the trucks. I really hate semi-trucks in general. They're such an obnoxious addition to the roads. 


In no particular order... I'm also afraid of thunderstorms, tornadoes, big dogs, food that might have potentially spoiled, touching raw chicken, bugs crawling into my ears, the bottoms of lakes and ponds and anyone ever seeing me in a bathing suit.

No comments: