Wednesday, February 23, 2011

wednesday randomness

rosiecakes just had a MAJOR meltdown at target, so momma is just gonna blog a few random things for now, my brain is fried!

- we dissected sheep hearts in lab today - why is it that the insides weren't nicely color-coated like they are in our textbook? it's a little hard to tell stuff apart when it's all the same color :-P

- is it bad to drink a glass of wine in the middle of the afternoon??? don't answer that. let me just say again, sweet nuggie really did have a huge, major meltdown while we were out running errands. she was screeching like a banshee when i strapped her in her car seat and let's just say i got a few suspicious looks. like i'm the first one on the planet to have a fussy baby??? guess she just wasn't in the mood to go shopping.

- if you read this blog would you pretty please leave a comment??? i know you lovelies are reading, i think you are anyhow. i would love to know who i'm writing to!

- we watched Easy A the other night - it was actually really cute. i LOVE stanley tucci, so anything with him is good with me :-) we also watched The Social Network and while i think the movie was really good, it made me feel sort of weird about Facebook. has anyone else seen it? what were your thoughts??

- it's wednesday - ole! that means Modern Family tonight!!!  i've got a sociology test tomorrow night that i must do well on, so guess watching that tonight will be my study break :-)

well that's all i really got for now. happy wednesday everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely acceptable to have a glass of wine in the afternoon! Especially after taking a grumpy baby to the store!

Unknown said...

I agree! Nothing wrong at all with wine in the afternoon :) Loving the blog! Hopefully we'll be able to work out that lunch date soon.

amanda said...

Brad and Courtney - thank you for approving of my wine drinking :-) FYI - Rosie is napping, I'm not THAT bad of a momma :-)

Danni Hughes said...

You know what I will say, so I won't even waste the words. Next time we'll switch and I'll have the meltdown, fussy baby and you can have the sleeping, happy, talking, laughing baby.

leyla'smommy said...

Ok - if I had a dollar for every time one of my babies melted down in public...Let's face it, it happens to everyone and every parent knows it! I have just gotten to the point that if there is any chance that the baby is going to cry, I just don't take them out. If we don't have detergent and need to go to the store, I just do without rather than deal with public screaming!And wine, YES drink up! You do whatcha gotta do!!

MommyDonegan said...

I'm reading! I love your cute little blog! I really hate that we live across the street from each other and see each other only once in a blue moon. Let's remedy that. K? I need to get in shape too. I just bought some new jeans (skinny jeans) for $5 at Target. They were a bit too small, but they are my motivation to firm up some not so flattering areas. We should get together and say goodbye to baby fat.

Shannon said...

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.

And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

Unknown said...

*hugs* miss you and michael, and I love checking in to see how you're doing through your blog!

:) Christa