Saturday, November 5, 2011

your treats are just tricks

hello. my name is babbling brooke and i have a problem. i'm totally and completely addicted to sugar. it's sorta gross. like i'm for real addicted. one night a couple of weeks ago bub was working late and i had half a box of vanilla wafers for dinner. a few days ago our sweetest sweet neighbor brought over a plate of warm, homemade spicy cookies with pumpkin fabulousness icing and the whole batch was gone by morning. if i get up in the middle of the night to make a bottle for nuggie i literally MUST eat a graham cracker. i for real have a problem.

so, i'm quitting. cold turkey. no sugar at all starting tomorrow. none. zip. zilch. what's the big deal you say? well, it's all i crave. i'm gonna go nutty. it'll be tough. but maybe this will help me drop a few pounds? or get some energy back in my life? can't hurt i guess? so if you see me the next couple of days and i look like one of these cookie zombies - quietly back away and don't you dare eat your halloween candy in front of me.

speaking of zombies. a show that i was utterly repulsed by when bub first starting watching it has turned in to a new favorite. THE WALKING DEAD! if only their zombies looked like cute little ginger bread zombie men like in the pic... but they don't! they're bloody and gory and SOOO gross - and i LOVE it! well, mostly. i still shield my eyes a little when major gore is going down. if you're not watching it - please do. i need some friends to chat with about it. my sweet neighbor friend and i will be holding a zombie-thon in the very near future - please join us if you like :-)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I have faith in you!! I promise you can do it!

hared & jeather said...

good luck! when i was pregnant, my midwife showed me a chart of how much each gram of sugar suppresses our immune system. not that i didn't eat several pieces of halloween candy tonight, but it definitely made an impact on me...and even more so with how much sugar i (don't) allow alena to have! it's a good change. go for it! (and beware hidden sugars..they're everywhere!!)

CoffeeForBlood said...

Dusti and I LOVE Walking Dead! We watch it every week. I kind of fell asleep last week and didn't see all of it, boo! Talk to me about it! I don't know anyone else that really likes it either!