Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ahhhhhh

whew, am i sighing a huge breath of relief. i passed a math test today in class that would determine if i could even continue on in the program. it was the first day of the new semester and they lay this massive scary test on us - nice, huh? well, i passed and that's that. thank goodness, now i can look ahead to the next little slice of insanity.

how the frap is it 2012? where'd 2011 go? i made some fun resolutions. i can't remember them all right now and i'm too lazy to get up and grab my journal... i know one of them was the standard lose weight. this is nothing new for me, but seriously, SERIOUSLY guys, something has to change. i gained like five pounds b/t thanksgiving and christmas. i think that might have something to do with the 8 pounds of homemade cookies i gobbled up when i was visiting the fam? either way, for real - the pudge must budge. nothing seems to work with me - so i'm going with teeny tiny baby steps. step one - get my ass to the gym three times a week. for real. no excuses. i made it yesterday. today and tomorrow and thursday are nutty with long days at school. i will go friday and saturday. i will. end of story.

another new year's resolution was to watch all the movies everyone always shuns me for NOT seeing. for example, i've never seen the original star wars or goonies or west side story, just to name a few. bub and i are going to try to make friday nights our little date night in. after nuggie has gone to bed we'll break out a bottle of wine and watch a weird old movie that everyone makes such a fuss over. this last friday we watched North - with elijah wood. it was cute i guess... i'd rather watch you've got mail.

i need some ideas people... since we very unexpectadly ended up going to oregon for christmas, i have a HUGE ham in my freezer and a family sized thingy of pillsbury gingerbread cookie dough in my fridge. what do i do with these things? i can cook up the ham, but i don't want to eat it for the next two weeks. anyone wanna share with me? any idea of what to do with like 8 pounds of ham? and the cookie dough. i can't bake it all up - i'll eat it and that won't help me. maybe i'll make gingerbread valentines cookies? is that a thing? it doesn't sound like a thing. ugh.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We have a mission center in FW for homeless people. We used to get a turkey from work and I always dropped it off there. They are so appreciative of anything. You might try to find something like that in your area.

Congrats on the math test!!

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN GOONIES? How have you gone this long NOT knowing what a truffle shuffle is?? How did we not watch it together in junior high?? I feel like I failed you as a 13-year-old friend! Every sleepover we had... we never watched Goonies?? I'm so sorry.

I need to budge the pudge too :o) As of Jan. 1, I have 11.5 lbs to lose. It sucks. I've chosen the zumba route! I'm kickin' it in class on Thursdays and doing it on my own at home via xbox on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and one weekend day. Love it :o) The only downside... I used to think i was this super awesome dancer back in the clubbing days... then i saw myself zumba in front of a mirror. Hmm... might have to do a post on that topic.

Have a great rest of the week! Again, so sorry about the no Goonies thing...