Thursday, August 2, 2012

#5 - A Greatful Heart

did i spell that right? is it greatful or grateful? oops - well there ya go, auto correct fixed it for me... it is indeed grateful... surprise, surprise - i can't spell ;-)

so hello august. where did you come from? seriously. this summer is flying by. nuggie is doing great - she's finally starting to talk a little bit. she says super awesome things like, "mama, i poo" and "where's it at?". she's such a wonderful, amazing little person. as we approach the two year mark she is for sure asserting her independence. tantrums are many and often. we get lots and lots of "no" and throwing things and angry little looks. BUT, it's wonderful. she's growing into who she will be and she's figuring out what she does and doesn't like. she starts daycare in a couple of weeks *sniff, sniff*. i'm having a really hard time with this. i feel guilty that i can't be with her 100% of the time. i'm scared about what's going on in her little world when i'm not around. what if someone is mean to her? what if she's crying? what if she doesn't understand the rules and get's in to trouble? what if something happens and i'm not there? but what can i do? going back to school means getting a great job and giving her a better life. i have to finish this. she's nearly two, i'm thankful that i've been able to keep her mostly at home with me that whole time.

work is going great. i floated over to the the postpartum floor which just thrilled me! ultimately i want to end up being a labor and delivery nurse, i'm hoping some experience on the mother/baby floor will help me get a foot in the door. i've hounded the manager on their floor and i'm scheduled for three more shifts up there. i can't wait!! i loved everything about my last shift there... well, except for my 4am rounds. no one. NO ONE. wants to be woken up at 4am to have their blood pressure taken. sorry ladies - gotta do it.

so back to THE LIST: -

What are 5 things that make you most happy right now?

1) my little family always makes me happy. i love my little family so much. i'm so thankful for them. so thankful we're all together. so thankful and blessed that i have such a wonderful hubby and daughter.


2) the idea of having "real" tv again tickles me. whatever. you can be a tv hater. and maybe it does lower my IQ. but we're broke and we don't do much and i miss my DVR. the amazing direct tv man is coming tomorrow. i can't wait. 


3) sleep. sleep makes me happy. working nights is tough. nothing can make you feel better than sleep. is there ever a time in your adult life when you're not at least a little bit tired? 


4) new school supplies. i'm all geared up for the new semester. i have fresh binders and folders and pens. organizing my school bag makes me happy :-) i wish i could order a new thirty-one tote. i told myself when i've graduated i'll treat myself to a new one!


5) my awesome extended family. i have such a great collection of amazing aunts, uncles, cousins, brother-in-law, grandma, nephew... i'm a blessed girl. i wish desperately that we were ALL living closer rather than being scattered all across the country. 


that's about all i've got. good night sweet friends.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Just yesterday, I said, "I just need to come to terms with the fact that no matter how much sleep I get, I will ALWAYS be tired." SO true. We have a couple that we are friends with and they just got engaged. At dinner the other night, they were asking us about what it's like to have a baby. The guy was talking about how he goes to bed around 2 and sleeps til at least 11. Mike and I just laughed :o) I told him I feel LUCKY to sleep for 5 hours straight!

amanda said...

Isn't that the truth??? Wish we could convince our little ones how great sleep is!