Thursday, August 30, 2012

Eight... Passions??

Does anyone else remember that silly soap that used to be on, oh, in the late 90's - Passions? Oh. My. Word. what a fabulous train wreck of daytime tv!

So hello :-) First week of the new semester has come and gone. It's been intense. Lots of lecture. Lots of clinical orientations. Lots of WTF moments, but also LOTS of excited and hopeful ones too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our instructors this semester. They seem so genuine and kind and sincerely interested in us knowing the content. Clinicals start next week... I've got mixed feelings (OK, mostly bad feelings) about this - BUT, I'm sure it'll be just fine. And if not, well, it is what it is, right?

Alright, so a quick thing before I move on to #8 in the list of awesome things. I'm sorry I announced to the whole internet that my "baby clock" was ticking... that was a bit much. Sometimes I think this little blog thing is just for me to read. I forget that other people can see it too! I'm not sorry for writing it, I want to share in an honest way... But part of me scrunches up a little that I actually said this...

Ok - NUMBER EIGHT!

What are 5 of your passions?

Hmmmm.... This one might be hard....

1) Keeping a "home". I adore keeping a comfortable home. Yes, I am a clean freak. Though, visit my house lately and you'll see it's a pretty big mess (thanks school :-(. But normally, I love keeping the house tidy. And ALWAYS smelling nice. I want there to always be yummy snacks and a soft place to sit. I want the bed to made up and ready for a nap. I want the towels to be clean and soft and dry. I want it be Bub and Nugg's safe, happy, restful place. Always our home must be inviting and restful. 

2) Cooking. I'm not so great at cooking, but I'm working on it. I've had some masterful success stories in the kitchen and some epic failures. Most of my food is "comfort food"... I try to always give it a healthy twist though. For instance tonight we had "Stacked Veggie Enchiladas". They were super yummy and super healthy. Yum! I want to learn to cut an onion like they do on fancy cooking shows. And I want to have nice cookware someday. Nuggie likes to help already :-) We pull up a chair and she will stir and dump and mix things!

3) Living "Green". This is not really super successful these days. Living this way is pricey and time consuming. I want to buy all the Method cleaning products and shop at Whole Foods, but on our income that's not really a possibility. We make choices though on important things like meat and dairy products. I have a garden and we recycle. I haul my cloth bags to the store. It is very important to me things like the enviromenment. I think alot of Christians get a bad wrap for not giving two poops about the Earth and caring for it - I'm trying to change this. 

4) Nugg! She is my world. She is everything that I have ever done that is right. She's my little princess and I want to raise her the very best that I can. I'm a pushover, so I guess that's bad. She's a little spoiled. But if I can't spoil her, then who can? I would literally jump off a building if it was for her good. Oh how I love that little lady.

5) The weather. Thanks to my Dad for this one. Oh he was a weather nerd. He'd obsess over it. Guess it passed on to me :-) I fret over it. I check it a million times a day. I think about it way more than a young 30-year old girl should. It reminds me of him though. For a long time after he died I'd watch the Weather Channel before bed. It just made me feel closer to him :-)

Nighty night friends :-)

No comments: