Tuesday, August 2, 2011

lose ends...

everything is coming together for school in the fall. i FINALLY got the last titer results i needed today (only took almost 2 months of fighting with the doctor's office!) my financial aid officially went through. i've got all the books i need and i passed micro (just in case you hadn't heard yet :-) yesterday i took my CPR class and passed that too. now it's just to enjoy the next couple of weeks till classes start. i'm so excited i can hardly stand it! after we get back from vacation i'll stock up on school supplies :-) i don't really need much, but there's nothing like starting a new semester with a few new pens and folders.

speaking of vacation - not too much longer till we leave! we're keeping our fingers crossed that tropical storm emily will avoid southern florida in the near future. it's so hot here right now, it's sort of funny to be heading to another hot place. but we'll be near the ocean - we can dip our toes in the water!

i am so ready for autumn. it is my absolute favorite season. i love everything about it. cooler temps, snuggly cardigans and sweaters, picking apples, naps while bub watches football, yummy soups. i'm watching barefoot contessa right now and she's making a butternut squash soup - ooh, i want to make it! but who wants to eat a fall soup like that when it's 103 degrees outside? oh fall - hurry up and get here!

here are a couple of pics from nuggie's 9 month photos we took last weekend. it was so miserably hot. we were all crabby and sweaty - bleck! our sweet photographer, allison, is pregnant and she didn't complain once. she's amazing!! seriously guys, you know you need some pics taken - she's your lady!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, I have been so crazy busy lately and haven't had time to read my bloggies... I was looking through and saw these ADORABLE pictures! I LOVE THEM! So cute :o)

Shannon said...

Oh, and I did see that you emailed me... I'll try to get to that today, PROMISE!