Friday, September 30, 2011

oh what a week...

it is a wonderful friday! the sun is shining and there is a lovely breeze. every window in the house is open wide! after the week we've had around here it's nice to hear the birds and feel the sweet, fresh air.

nuggie got her first big, bad, ugly sickness. she was so quiet last saturday, just sort of out of it and not her normal, happy little self. late that night she woke up with a fever and a bit of a cough, the next night she woke up with a much higher fever and even worse cough. she's been a sicky sickerson all week. i took her to the dr on monday, they said it was just a nasty bug. wednesday night she seemed to be having trouble breathing so back to the dr she went and the poor little nuggie has bronchiolitis :-( they tried an albuterol treatment on her, but it didn't help. so we've just been trying to keep her comfy and resting and hydrated. she is pitiful.

during all the sick nuggie sadness - school kicked my ass. we had a fundamentals test monday, which i did fine on since i had studied all weekend before nuggie really got too sick. but thursday we had a pharm test, a math for meds test and a our skills checkoff on catheters. and i totally failed that pharm test. i can't let this happen again. i went from an A to a C with one bad test grade. it's so hard though - nuggie and bub are my world. they come first. my baby was sick and she needed me - so pharm went to the back burner. but, school is a priority too. it's so hard to find that balance. bub tried to convince me to leave several evenings to go study, but i just couldn't leave my little love. but now i'm stuck - i've dug myself a deep hole and i've got to get out of it.

we are all tired and worn out and now i'm sick too :-( so we're gonna sleep a lot this weekend and relax (but not TOO much, still gotta study) and start fresh on monday. we have a coupon for le peep, so i think we'll take nuggie over there tomorrow morning for breakfast and then go on a nice long walk in the park... that sounds like the perfect remedy for the week we've all had.

1 comment:

MommyDonegan said...

Boo. Sorry about your week. I can't help but feel like it's my fault...although I know there wasn't much either of us could've done about it. Still, I'm terribly sorry. :(

Hang in there. The one thing I always reminded myself of during the school/family juggle, was that I WOULD get through it, for better or worse. Eventually time would go by and I would be on the other side. I would breathe deeply and remember that before long it would all be over and we would all be better for it, even though it felt like we were currently in the trenches. The good thing is, Rosie is young. She won't remember that you had to be gone during the days to go to school. She'll just know that you loved her and cared for her. I'm proud of your hard work! You CAN do it! You are an AMAZING mommy.