Friday, September 2, 2011

sound off...

it has been a crazy week (i say that alot, huh?). i'm learning, however slowly, to adjust to doing the single hardest thing i have ever done in my whole life - EVER. nursing school is going to kill me, for real... ok, maybe i'm being dramatic. it just FEELS like it's going to kill me. and before it does that it will take away any bit of a social life i had, as well as the precious little sleep i've barely been getting and it will also impede on my crazy cleaning habits. i want to say to my instructors - you want us to read how much?!? don't you know i have things to do :-)

anyhow, i'm in a venting mood. so here ya go. you've been warned.

1. i can't stand it when parents tell me that their two year old is going to "school". when i was little i think my parents called that daycare or perhaps a mother's day out. all these hoity toity parents want to feel better about what they're really doing - sending your kid off to daycare. news flash - there is nothing wrong with daycare. and there is nothing wrong with needing a little break from your lovely babes.

2. i can not watch reruns of talk shows. if they're talking about something that happened in february like it is happening today i get all itchy and uncomfy. so in the summer i can't watch: regis and kelly, conan, the view, ellen... you get the idea.

3. i get a very satisfying sense of accomplishment when i can balance all of nuggie's bottle bits and parts on her drying rack. she uses the dr. brown's bottles that come with like six peices and when i slack b/c i have to read 8 gajillion pages of pharmacology and somehow retain it and there are like 12 bottles stacked up to be washed it turns into a very sad little game for me. can i stack up all the freshly washed parts on her tiny bottle rack and keep them there while i push it to its little resting place??? i don't know! what will happen? it gets me every time.

4. i can't walk around barefoot. i must have on flip flops or socks. if i'm walking somewhere and even a tiny bit of something sticks to my foot i have to stop and get it off. we have a cat. kitty litter is an infinetly mupltipling reality for us. i swear, i could sweep the floor 6 times a day and STILL there is kitty litter. so i say, eff that. where a flip flop. save some sanity.

ok. re-reading this. i may have a problem or two. whatev. it's my blog and i'll whine if i want to :-p


1 comment:

Shannon said...

And I laugh... Not nice, I know :o) Have a great weekend!

p.s. You know the little security word that you have to type to prove you are a human and not a machine? Well, right now I have to type "my rosio" :o) Aww!