Friday, March 11, 2011

time keeps ticking...

so long sweet little alarm clock. you've served me well, but now it's time to say goodbye. you deserve a little remembrance though.

this trusty little clock was purchased 10 years ago at the staples in auburn, indiana. i was working there that summer and getting ready to head off to college. i of course needed all my dorm room things to match. since i had a purple bedspread, i HAD to have a purple alarm clock, right??? this little guy traveled with me to two dorm rooms, one campus apartment, two off campus apartments, back to campus when we moved into married student housing, another apartment and then to our first home. it's been knocked off its little side table many a time, thus the missing face plate. it woke me up for my first college classes and first "real" job. but sadly, it's time to retire the little guy, in favor of this...

see that little white thing? it's a docking station for my iphone. bub downloaded an alarm clock app so i've got the phone and alarm clock and everything else under the sun in one compact little package. can't believe how attached i am to one little phone!

No comments: