Monday, March 7, 2011

weighn' in - week 2

ok - here i am, the start of week three of operation fit back into my old jeans. i am happy to report i have lost 3 pounds - woot! it's not alot, but enough to keep me motivated... every pound lost adds up!

this past week i again only worked out 4 times... it is so hard to make time, to get up so early - especially if nuggie has had a rough night or i was up late studying. but it WAS 4 times - better than nothing.

a word of warning! i was on my way to class wednesday and found myself VERY early, so i thought - hey, why not stop at starbucks for a little morning pick me up. i was starving, so i got a caramel light frap (only 140 calories) and a slice of banana bread. i thought, how bad can banana bread be? it was delicious! i gobbled it up and went to class. while waiting for our prof to arrive i wanted to put my snack into this super amazing app that has been helping me keep track of calories - my fitness pal - sort of a lame name, but SO helpful! it helps you track your diet and fitness progress. you can search for specific items so i looked for my starbucks banana bread - hold on to your skinny jeans everyone... that ONE slice of bread cost me 500 calories! say what??? it's banana bread!! guess i'll stick to coffee from now on!

sorry brit - but this is how i felt after eating my starbucks banana bread  
FYI - this pic was the first to pop up when i searched "starbucks" - not trying to hate on miss spears!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic picture! And hooray for losing wieght!! Are you trying to get all muscly and buff like the people in the infomercials?

amanda said...

i'd LOVE to get all buff - but for now i'd settle to get rid of my post baby muffin top :-)

maya0212 said...

I tried on jeans at target today and almost started balling in the dressing room. The florescent lighting is bad enough, but when I couldn't even button the jeans I picked out *ugh*. It's time to lose the weight. Fat Tuesday's tomorrow, though and I'm going to have one last hoorah.
Btw, on the subject of caloric intake...I had the Tour of Italy last night at Olive Garden. Josh and I tried to guess how many calories I had consumed in one sitting, and the waiter brought out the guide. 1450. Add a salad, appetizer and some breadsticks, and in one sitting I had my entire day's caloric intake! Yikes!

Shannon said...

I think Starbucks (as much as I love them) ads sneaky high-caloric ingredients in their so-called healthy stuff. Your banana bread was probably laced with gummi bears.

Congrats on the weight loss though!!