Monday, June 20, 2011

only the lonely

the hubs is taking off for a work adventure tomorrow morning and won't be back till sunday :-( i really am so excited for him - he's going to be traveling alot the next few months. no out of the country trips make me feel a little better. but i'm really gonna miss him! he's my better half, i rely on him so much! and i don't know about you other mommas out there, but from about 3:30 till whenever gets home, like 5ish, i'm a little frazzled, the babes is always whiny then, the dog is driving me bonkers, i'm trying to make dinner, get the nugg fed and winding down and oh, he's like a knight in shining armor when he walks through that door at the end of the day. even just having him there so i have someone to vent to is amazing. but he's really good about helping and will take the dog and babes on a walk or help fix dinner and i'm so much calmer after that. i'm gonna miss my man :-(

i'm not going to miss what he's done to his head. he asked me not to post a pic, but let me paint you a picture. gone are his thick lovely locks of hair and instead, it's about 1/4 of an inch and buzzed all over. at least he has a lovely round noggin. he tried to tell me some hulabaloo about all the men on his spartan race team looking the same and that's why he committed hair graffiti. crap is what i call it. i guess we're even though - i chopped my hair off and he did the same. we can now both commiserate our short 'dos. i can't wait for mine to grow back out! i can't wait for his grow either :-)

i've got another micro exam tomorrow. let's hope i do better this week! last week was disastrous. i've studied my face off for this one. i. am.ready! i can't believe we're already a month into this thing.

tomorrow starts C25K week 3 and it has me running 5 min segments. holy flying thigh masters - i'm not sure i can handle this! it's a gajillion degrees and casey is gonna kick my saddle bagged behind. if you find me gasping for air in the ditch tomorrow, kindly toss me an inhaler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss it too.

Shannon said...

We just started week 2 and have no idea how we are going to do 3 minutes next week. Our 90-second runs were hard last night!