Tuesday, April 19, 2011

strainer, drainer, what???

well, i'm still fighting the crud... my throat is so sore - bleck. we had an insane morning. i overslept. had to run nuggie to hang out with daddy while i went to class and then rushed to have lunch with my super sweet TMG girlies. it was all nutty, but a great morning still!

so i'm sitting in class this morning and as an illustration our prof was comparing the capillaries in the kidneys to a colander. and several of the blondies in the class were like, say what?? and so he explained - you know the thing you'd dump hot pasta into to drain it. and blondie one says - oh a drainer? and blondie two says - no a strainer. and the prof says - you don't call them a colander? uh no they say - in a tone of - you are soooo dumb you OLD man. ok - be honest - does everyone else not call them a colander? that's what i was always told they were called. thoughts??

and sweet shannon shared a recipe for funfetti cakies for her sweet daughter's birthday this week. well, they sounded so yummy i rushed to my pantry to see if i could whip up something similar. all i had was a white cake mix and cinnamon chips - i'm baking them now, i'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ooh! Those cakies sound YUMMY!!

Ok, I KNOW it's called a colander but I still call it a strainer... Don't ask me why, I just do :o) But I do knw what it really is!