Tuesday, April 26, 2011

trip to the dentist

i had a dentist appointment this afternoon. i really don't like going to the dentist, but then again, who does? i always seem to have a new cavity or find i'm in need of a crown or i've got a cracked tooth - ick! i spent my childhood without a single cavity and then hit my 20's and bam - my teeth started literally falling apart. today i met our new dentist since he took over the practice when my old dentist went off to have her second bambino. and he looked like he was our age. it's weird when your doctor or dentist starts to be your age. it always make me think - what have i done with my life? here's this guy who's gone off to dental school and now has his own practice and i'm this shmuck with a music business degree that did me no good at all. anyhow - it was just weird. he was soooo young and when i called him "sir" he like for real got feisty and exlaimed that i should NOT call him sir. uhhhh, he's my dentist. what am i supposed to call him? buddy? pal? dental dude? sir just seems appropriate.

i had sort of the reverse situation yesterday. we had a new pest company come by to offer us an estimate b/c they use more natural products and now with nuggie and izzy in the house i'd love to use less chemicals. anyhow, long story short this guy kept calling me "young lady"... it sorta irked me. and he talked down to me, like young lady, now are you SURE you've got a problem with brown recluse spiders? and little lady, you done ever hear about what we like to call - gnats??? ugh! it's my house buddy. i'm a momma. former working professional. wife. NOT a little lady. i'm almost 30 for crying out loud. i'm not too keen on "ma'am" but talking down to me and calling me little lady isn't quite right either!

No comments: